Last revised: May 2018
Privacy Statement Summary
This privacy statement explains what information we gather about you, what we use that information for and who we give that information to. It also sets out your rights in relation to your information and who you can contact for more information, queries or any other question you might have with regard to this topic:
- Who does this privacy statement apply to and what does it cover?
- About other areas of www.chemogasservices.com
- What information do we collect?
- How do we use information about you?
- About the legal basis we use for processing personal information.
- Who do we disclose your information to?
- About the protection of your personal information.
- How long do we keep your information?
- About your rights.
- About you right to complain.
- About changes to this privacy statement.
Who does this privacy statement apply to and what does it cover?
This privacy statement applies to the Chemogas group, including Chemogas Holding NV, Chemogas NV and each of the legal entities, or legally aligned and/or bound third party entities, belonging to the Chemogas network, such as Stereo Group Malaysia (a 100 % subsidiary of Chemogas NV, as well as their legal entities, Elbaco BVBA, as well as other member firms and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates and other firms with which it constitutes a network called the “Chemogas network”), with registered office address at Westvaartdijk 85, 1850 Grimbergen (“Chemogas”, “we”, “us” or “our”). Each Chemogas entity or independent legal network entity is a separate and independent legal entity and this privacy statement applies to each separately and un-severally. None of the Chemogas entities have any liability for the other entities’ acts or omissions.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and handling your information in an open and transparent manner.
This privacy statement sets out how we will collect, handle, store and protect information about you when:
- providing services to you or our clients
- you use “our website” or
- performing any other activities that form part of the operation of our business, as described in further detail below.
When we refer to “our website” or “this website” in this policy we mean the specific webpages of chemogasservices.com – website, designated as a Belgium legal entity, and referring to specific webpages with a URL commencing ‘http://www.chemogasservices.com, as well as potential web links to our legal affiliates, which you could find on our above mentioned website as well.
chemogasservices.com is comprised of a specific website, which is provided / supported by Mink (for more info please visit www.mink.be) or one of its independent member firms or their related entities (collectively, the “Chemogas Network”), or please also visit About Chemogas.
This privacy statement also contains information about when we share your personal data with other members of the Chemogas Network and other third parties (for example, our service providers). In this privacy statement, your information is sometimes called “personal data” or “personal information”. We may also sometimes collectively refer to handling, collecting, protecting and storing your personal information as “processing” such personal information.
About other areas of chemogasservices.com
Please note that the potential other country/countries (and if applicable other regional) websites contained within chemogasservices.com are provided by other entities within the Chemogas Network and are not provided by us. Such websites, as well as other websites that may be linked to our website, are not governed by this privacy statement. We encourage visitors to review the privacy statements on each of these potential other websites before disclosing any personal information.
What information do we collect?
In the course of providing products, services or any other business relationship to you, and performing equivalent business relationship checks, in connection with our product and/or services (or discussing possible products and/or services we might provide), we will collect or obtain personal data about you. We may also collect personal data from you when you use our website.
We may collect or obtain such data because you give it to us (for example in a form on our website, or any other equivalent manner), because other people give that data to us (for example your employer or adviser, or third party service providers that we use to help operate our business), or because it is publicly available.
The personal data that we collect or obtain may include: your name; age; date of birth; gender; e-mail address; telephone number; home address; country of residence; lifestyle and social circumstances (for example, your pastimes); family circumstances (for example, your marital status and dependents); employment and education details (for example, the organization you work for, your job title and your education details); financial and tax-related information (for example your income and tax residency); your postings on any blogs, forums, wikis and any other social media applications and services that we provide; your IP address; your browser type and language; your access times; complaint details; details of how you use our products and services; details of how you like to interact with us and other similar information.
The personal data we collect may also include so called ‘sensitive’ or ‘special categories’ of personal data, such as details about your: dietary requirements (for example, where Chemogas would like to provide you with lunch during a meeting), health (for example, so that we can make reasonable accommodations for you in our buildings, products and services) and sexual orientation (for example if you provide us with details of your spouse or partner).
The types of personal data and special categories of personal data that we collect may vary depending on the nature of the products and / or services that we provide to you, and / or potentially your client, or how you use our website. In some special circumstances, we might also gather other special categories of personal data about you because you volunteer that data to us or we are required to gather that data as a result of legal requirements imposed on us.
When we are provided with personal data about you or by our client, we use reasonable efforts to include clauses into the contract with the client that will require them to comply with the privacy laws and regulations relevant to that information; this may include, for example, that the client has provided you with notice of the collection (and other matters) and has obtained any necessary consent for us to process that information as described in this privacy statement.
We understand the importance of protecting children's privacy. Our website and services are not designed for, or intentionally targeted at, children. It is not our policy to intentionally collect or store information about children.
How do we use information about you?
Use of personal information to provide products and/or services to our clients
We will use your personal data to provide you, or our client with the requested services. As part of this, we may also use your personal data in the course of correspondence relating to the products and / or services Chemogas provides. Such correspondence may be with you, our client, other members of the Chemogas Network, our service providers or competent authorities. We may also use your personal data to conduct due diligence checks relating to the services. Because we provide a wide range of products and/or services to our clients, the way we use personal data in relation to our services also varies. For example, we might use personal data:
- to help to manage or even improve your business, geographically not be limited to the territory of Belgium, but/and/or potentially including businesses in overseas
- about a client’s employees and /or customers in the course of conducting an audit (or similar activity) for/above/to a client, or the client’s customers
- about a client to help him/her complete the performance of our products and/or services and keep them informed of the project’s progress or in order to communicate our projects’ deliverables to them, or equivalent and always related to a professional way of a Chemogas performance, to the benefit of our direct and/or indirect clients
Use of personal information for other activities that form part of the operation of our business
We may also use your personal data for the purposes of, or in connection with:
- applicable legal or regulatory requirements
- requests and communications from competent authorities
- administrative purposes
- financial accounting, invoicing and risk analysis purposes
- client relationship purposes, which may involve: (i) sending you thought details of our products and / or services that we think might be of interest to you; (ii) contacting you to receive feedback on products and / or services; and (iii) contacting you for other market or research purposes. In all above and subsequently related cases, we give you the opportunity to decline our offers and requests at any time. In specific cases if needed, for example in case you are not yet a client, we will make sure to obtain your prior consent before sending you communications’ materials or other marketing requests (see also below, “About the legal basis we use for processing personal information.”);
- products and / or services we receive from our professional advisors, such as lawyers, accountants and consultants
- protecting our rights and those of our clients.
Use of personal information collected via our website
In addition to the purposes connected to the operation of our business above, we may also use your personal data collected via our website:
- to manage and improve our website
- to tailor the content of our website to provide you with a more personalized experience and draw your attention to information about our products and services that may be of interest to you
- to manage and respond to any request you submit through our website.
The legal grounds we use for processing personal information
We are required by law to set out in this privacy statement the legal grounds on which we rely in order to process your personal data.
As a result, we use your personal data for the purposes outlined above because : (a) of the legal and regulatory obligations that we are subject to, such as keeping records for regulatory or tax purposes, or providing information to a public body or law enforcement agency or equivalent, (b) the information is required in order to provide our products and / or services to you or our client. (c) of our legitimate interests in the effective delivery of our products and / or services to you or our client; (d) of our legitimate interests in the effective and lawful operation of our business so long as such interests are not outweighed by your interests;
To the extent that we process any sensitive personal data relating to you for any of the purposes outlined above, we will do so because either: (i) you have given us your explicit consent to process that data; (ii) we are required by law to process that data in order to ensure we meet our ‘know your client’ and ‘anti-money laundering’ obligations (or other legal obligations imposed on us); (iii) the processing is necessary to carry out our obligations under employment, social security or social protection law; (iv) the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or (v) you have made the data public.
Where we are legally required to obtain your explicit consent to provide you with certain marketing materials, we will only provide you with such marketing materials where we have obtained such consent from you.
If you do not want to continue receiving any marketing materials from us, you can click on the unsubscribe function in any such communication.
Who do we disclose your information to?
In connection with one or more of the purposes outlined in the “How do we use information about you?” section above, we may disclose details about you to: other members of the Chemogas Network; third parties that provide services to us and/or the Chemogas Network; competent authorities (including courts and authorities regulating us or another member of the Chemogas Network); your employer and/or their advisers; your advisers; organizations that help us reduce the incidence of fraud and other third parties that reasonably require access to personal data relating to you for one or more of the purposes outlined in the “How do we use information about you?” section above.
Our website potentially may host various blogs, forums, wikis and other social media applications or services that allow you to share content with other users (collectively “Social Media Applications”). Importantly, any personal information that you contribute to these Social Media Applications can be read, collected and used by other users of the application. We have little or no control over these other users and, therefore, we cannot guarantee that any information that you contribute to any Social Media Applications will be handled in accordance with this privacy statement. Please note that some of the recipients of your personal data referenced above may be based in countries outside of the European Union whose laws may not provide the same level of data protection. In such cases, we will ensure that there are adequate safeguards in place to protect your personal data that comply with our legal obligations. Where the recipient is not a member of the Chemogas Network, the adequate safeguard might be a data transfer agreement with the recipient based on standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission for transfers of personal data to third countries.
Further details of the transfers described above and the adequate safeguards used by Chemogas in respect of such transfers are also available from us by contacting email@example.com.
We may also need to disclose your personal data if required to do so by law, a regulator or during legal proceedings.
We may share non-personal, de-identified and aggregated information with third parties for several purposes, including data analytics, research, submissions, thought promotional or comparable purposes.
About the protection of your personal information.
We use a range of physical, electronic and managerial measures to ensure that we keep your personal data secure, accurate and up to date. These measures include:
- education and training to relevant staff to ensure they are aware of our privacy obligations when handling personal data
- administrative and technical controls to restrict access to personal data on a ‘need to know’ basis
- technological security measures, including fire walls, encryption, anti-virus software while it is Chemogas’ intention to keep technological security measures up to date to a major possible extent
- physical security measures, such as staff security passes to access our premises, where applicable
Although we use appropriate security measures once we have received your personal data, the transmission of data over the internet (including by e-mail) is never completely secure. We endeavor to protect personal data, but we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to us or by us.
How long we keep your information for?
We will hold your personal data on our systems for the longest of the following periods: (i) as long as is necessary for the relevant activity or services; (ii) any retention period that is required by law; or (iii) the end of the period in which litigation or investigations might arise in respect of the services.
About your rights.
You have various rights in relation to your personal data. In particular, you have a right to:
- obtain confirmation that we are processing your personal data and request a copy of the personal data we hold about you
- ask that we update the personal data we hold about you, or correct such personal data that you think is incorrect or incomplete
- ask that we delete personal data that we hold about you, or restrict the way in which we use such personal data
- withdraw consent to our processing of your personal data (to the extent such processing is based on consent)
- receive a copy of the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit such personal data to another party (to the extent the processing is based on consent or a contract)
- object to our processing of your personal data.
To exercise any of your rights, or if you have any other questions about our use of your personal data, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us at the address below:
Chemogas NV, attn: Privacy Officer Mr. Adamo Pia
B-1850 Grimbergen, Belgium
You may also use these contact details if you wish to make a complaint to us relating to your privacy.
About you right to complain.
If you are unhappy with the way we have handled your personal data or any privacy query or request that you have raised with us, you have a right to complain to the EU Data Protection Authority (“DPA”) in your jurisdiction. If you would like to be directed to the appropriate DPA, please contact us as indicated above.
About changes to this privacy statement.
We may modify or amend this privacy statement from time to time.
To let you know when we make changes to this privacy statement, we will amend the revision date at the top of this page. The new modified or amended privacy statement will apply from that revision date. Therefore, we encourage you to periodically review this statement to be informed about how we are protecting your information.